The Bar Wizard team has a combined experience of over 30 years, with some of the industries leading trainers; who have an in depth knowledge and hands on experience in tending the bar and handling large volumes of people across the bar counter! Meet the team...
IBOM has a dedicated team of trainers who are from the beverage industry and have an in depth knowledge and hands on experience in tending the bar and handling large volumes of people across the bar counter.
Alumni of IHM, Goa & Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET), London, UK, is the brainchild behind the organization. Sandy is personally involved at every level of the course, whether training or counseling every student.
His bartending exploits throughout India have provided him with over a decade of experience throughout the bar industry. Having tended bars for the rich and famous, Sandy has also appeared on TV and in national and trade press as an authority on drinks and bartending.
Before venturing out on his own, Sandy has professionally been associated in India with the wine cellars of La Rochelle, The Oberoi, New Delhi (1992), and the re-launch of Oasis, the premiere nightclub of Hyatt Regency, New Delhi (1993). The journey carried on to C.J.’s, the hi-tech discotheque at Le Meridien, New Delhi via Fireball, a theme nightclub at Gurgaon, Haryana. There onwards he took off to Dubai and was associated with Heritage International Hotel (1994), and handled their British pub called Broker’s Bar- a Stock Market Conceptual Bar. In 1995, he regulated the bar of Dubai’s most happening nightclub- Staying Alive at the same hotel.
After coming back from Dubai, Sandeep conceptualized and floated a bar company called “Shaken or Stirred” in 1996, and the rest is the history of bartending in India. His in-depth knowledge and expertise has taken him internationally soaking in the experience from places as far and wide as Maldives, Sri Lanka, Zambia, Dubai, Belgrade, Croatia, Monte Negro, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, France, United Kingdom, Ireland & Scotland. His travels and portfolio within India is par excellence and second to none.
Abhishek is a veteran bartender and trainer having started his career at Institute of Bar Operations & Management in June 2012, and then worked throughout as freelance bartender in various sites. His temperament, willingness to learn and absorb new ideas in his short experience span has made him popular and sought after. As a trainer AC has been involved in mixology workshops with in-depth knowledge of alcohol applications.
Paras completed 8-month Wine Sommelier course from Wine & Spirit Academy in the year 2012. He is passionate about learning and teaching about wines and grapes from all over the world. He conducts the wine courses at IBOM. He has completed Level 3 of "Uncorked" – Advanced Wine Course.
A soft natured lad from the mountains in Garhwal, came to city with no bar skills or education. In two years time he has mastered the art of flair with panache and is equally good in mixology. He is popular with candidates because of his step by step teaching approach.
The bartending industry is a place where fun and hard work go hand in hand. We at BarWizard believe that together with learning, instilling fun in the classroom is key to learning; but again moderation is the key word.
We make sure we go through the course at the pace of the student and we move on to the next level only when a student is thorough with the previous levels.
- The fully equipped bar at the institute allows the students to get a hands on experience at working in a bar. The bar is at par with any modern bar with speed rails, ice bank, chillers and blenders to allow the students to learn speed bartending techniques.
- We emphasize on free pouring techniques with the aid of exacto-pour to facilitate speed bartending techniques.
- The separate flair training area is lined with rubber mats on the floor to allow students to practice flair unhindered and continuously.
- The training room has a seating capacity of thirty people. We usually conduct our classes in batches of not more than twenty five students at a time, to allow each of them to get personalized attention from the faculty.
- The library has books about each and every aspect of beverage knowledge, along with a vast collection of CD - ROMs, DVDs authored by International Bar TraineINR
- The institute also houses a locker room facility with bunker beds.
- A database of thousands of hotels, bars and nightclubs all over the country. 3 months free membership to our Bartending Job Placement Service is a privilege given to our bartending school graduates.
- 3 months free membership to our Bartending Job Placement Service is a privilege given to our bartending school graduates.